Saturday, June 26, 2010

From our perspective




















     So the first round of evaluations are over, first time jitters are out of the way... Overall I would like to say that I am so proud of all of you... even if you are not seeing change yet, logging your food choices is a show of commitment in itself.   What exactly are we looking @ and what drives our feedback?  A look @ it from our perspective.

First I would like to say that our intention is not to dishearten anyone with our evaluations,  if you think that either Nicolle or I ever derive any pleasure out of finding something out of place in your log, and having to tell you about it, then you have totally misread the both of us.  The last thing either of us want to do is point out negatives of your effort to do better.  That being said, we are not going to sugar coat what we are seeing, it is very easy to lie to yourself and say hey I am doing great, but here is the perspective part... great in comparison to what?

When we look @ your logs we are grading it like a school paper, there is 100% (total compliance) and then there is percentages of that... Would you ever want a teacher/professor to tell you how awesome you are doing, when you are failing?  We are looking at these as absolute 100% compliance and giving feedback off of that standard.  We realize that not everyone is committed @ that 100% compliance point but we cannot judge each and every participant on individual curves.  This is what conventional gyms and piss poor personal trainers do, they sugar coat everything to give you a false sense of accomplishment.  This is not only deceptive in general but pretty unfair to you, the person trying to get the most out of the experience.   Unfortunately we cannot follow you home every night and motivate you like we do in the gym, encouraging you to press on even when you want to quit.  All we can do is be completely honest and call it like we see it ..... Someone has to keep you honest and unfortunately as much as it sucks for us to be the bad guy/girl its our job and our commitment to you.

There is no pass or fail here, every single day is a new opportunity to fix whats gone wrong and get back on the horse.  The only fail is to give up, and say "fuck it, my health isn't that important pass the plate of cookies this way!!"  If you all knew how badly we want you to succeed , to get the results you want, to fix the downward spiral of your health and live a long, fit and happy life.  Our goal is to help you reach your goals period... There is no underlying agendas except this... I want to create walking billboards... I want people to see the change in you... I want you to become the person they aspire to be...  and more importantly I want you to be the person that you see when you close your eyes.  Confident, beautiful, strong and healthy!!  It's never to late!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel so lucky to be a part of CFA. I love knowing that our trainers truly care about the athletes. I can't speak for others, but I like the honesty. I don't want anything sugar coated. Sometimes a good reality check is exactally what I need. It's awesome knowing you guys truly want us to reach or goals. And often times have even higher expectations than those we've set for ourselves. Thank you for all your great training, for supporting me and encouraging me through this journey to get healthy and become the athlete I know I can be. And please continue to keep pushing me to go above and beyond what I think I can do :) THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heidi. I appreciate all of the feed back I have been receiving on my workouts and on the food journal. I do not need and can not afford to have any sugar coated feedback or I will slack off and not accomplish what I want and need for myself. All of the trainers at the gym have been very supportive and in the few months I have been working out with all of you, my confidence has sky rocketed. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete